ID technology specialist Morpho has acquired mobile payment solutions provider AirTag for an undisclosed sum. “AirTag develops secure mobile transaction solutions; the company developed AirPass, a virtual bank card solution using host card emulation (HCE) technology and based on a proprietary tokenization platform,” Morpho says. “By combining their areas of expertise, the two companies will be able to manage the multiple security aspects involved in mobile payments.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?