ID technology specialist Morpho has acquired mobile payment solutions provider AirTag for an undisclosed sum. “AirTag develops secure mobile transaction solutions; the company developed AirPass, a virtual bank card solution using host card emulation (HCE) technology and based on a proprietary tokenization platform,” Morpho says. “By combining their areas of expertise, the two companies will be able to manage the multiple security aspects involved in mobile payments.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works