ID technology specialist Morpho has acquired mobile payment solutions provider AirTag for an undisclosed sum. “AirTag develops secure mobile transaction solutions; the company developed AirPass, a virtual bank card solution using host card emulation (HCE) technology and based on a proprietary tokenization platform,” Morpho says. “By combining their areas of expertise, the two companies will be able to manage the multiple security aspects involved in mobile payments.”
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments