Customers using communications provider Singtel Group’s mobile wallet services in Southeast Asia will soon be able to book and pay for taxis through the GrabTaxi mobile app. “Customers of AIS, Globe and Telkomsel will be able to book vehicles using the GrabTaxi app and pay for rides using their personal mobile wallets,” Singtel Group says. “The open platform integration to GrabTaxi’s app is expected to be ready by mid-2016.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform