Samsung Pay has added support for gift cards in the US, letting users store, pay with and share gift cards through the mobile payments service. “Samsung Pay supports 50 popular merchant gift cards including Babies R Us and Toys R Us, Bass Pro Shops, Domino’s, eBay, GameStop, Nike, Regal Entertainment Group and Staples in partnership with Blackhawk Network,” Samsung says. A gift card store inside Samsung Pay enables users to buy cards from supported merchants.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay