Samsung Pay has added support for gift cards in the US, letting users store, pay with and share gift cards through the mobile payments service. “Samsung Pay supports 50 popular merchant gift cards including Babies R Us and Toys R Us, Bass Pro Shops, Domino’s, eBay, GameStop, Nike, Regal Entertainment Group and Staples in partnership with Blackhawk Network,” Samsung says. A gift card store inside Samsung Pay enables users to buy cards from supported merchants.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan