Customers of Atom Bank will be able to access their mobile banking app using face and voice recognition when the online banking startup launches in 2016. “Present your face to view your balance or say a few words to transfer some money,” biometrics software company Daon says. Atom is also planning to add fingerprint verification and will use Daon’s IdentityX mobile biometric authentication platform for the service.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes