Customers of Atom Bank will be able to access their mobile banking app using face and voice recognition when the online banking startup launches in 2016. “Present your face to view your balance or say a few words to transfer some money,” biometrics software company Daon says. Atom is also planning to add fingerprint verification and will use Daon’s IdentityX mobile biometric authentication platform for the service.
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale
- Heart scan biometrics could let computers continuously monitor logged in users