Customers of Atom Bank will be able to access their mobile banking app using face and voice recognition when the online banking startup launches in 2016. “Present your face to view your balance or say a few words to transfer some money,” biometrics software company Daon says. Atom is also planning to add fingerprint verification and will use Daon’s IdentityX mobile biometric authentication platform for the service.
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary
- NFC and contactless transit ticketing to go live in New York City from 31 May
- Privatbank to use customised ‘card avatars’ to drive mobile payments adoption
- Visa reports on contactless payments adoption
- Google Pay to add a rewards platform?