Mercedes is showing its new E-Class cars with NFC entry for the first time at the Detroit Motor Show this week. “The drive authorisation system uses NFC and allows the driver’s smartphone to be used as a vehicle key,” the luxury car maker says. The E-Class also allows a phone to be paired with the car’s entertainment system via NFC by placing it on a Qi wireless charging pad built into the centre console. The new E-Class is expected to be available from the second quarter of 2016.
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading