Mercedes is showing its new E-Class cars with NFC entry for the first time at the Detroit Motor Show this week. “The drive authorisation system uses NFC and allows the driver’s smartphone to be used as a vehicle key,” the luxury car maker says. The E-Class also allows a phone to be paired with the car’s entertainment system via NFC by placing it on a Qi wireless charging pad built into the centre console. The new E-Class is expected to be available from the second quarter of 2016.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID