Spain’s CaixaBank has launched a mobile-only bank to provide banking services through mobile apps and social networks. “ImaginBank customers manage their products and services via apps,” the bank says. “Everything is run entirely on mobile devices.” An app, initially only available for Android devices, offers ImaginPay NFC payments and the service also supports contactless wristbands and smartwatches.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India