Spain’s CaixaBank has launched a mobile-only bank to provide banking services through mobile apps and social networks. “ImaginBank customers manage their products and services via apps,” the bank says. “Everything is run entirely on mobile devices.” An app, initially only available for Android devices, offers ImaginPay NFC payments and the service also supports contactless wristbands and smartwatches.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities