Spain’s CaixaBank has launched a mobile-only bank to provide banking services through mobile apps and social networks. “ImaginBank customers manage their products and services via apps,” the bank says. “Everything is run entirely on mobile devices.” An app, initially only available for Android devices, offers ImaginPay NFC payments and the service also supports contactless wristbands and smartwatches.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents