Customers of the USA’s Radius Bank can now make peer-to-peer money transfers using the recipient’s email address or mobile number. “To send money via Radius Pay a Friend, users simply access the service from their online or mobile banking account, enter the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number and payment amount and verify the transaction using their debit card’s personal identification number,” the bank says.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID