More than a third (34%) of browser-based online transactions globally are now made on a mobile device, compared to just over 30% last quarter, research from Adyen reveals. “The increase is driven particularly by major Asian-based payment methods including JCB, UnionPay and Alipay,” the firm says. “The UK continues to lead the way in mobile payment adoption, with 49% of online transactions on mobile devices.”
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments