Commuters on Dublin Bus and Iarnród Éireann rail services may soon be able to pay for transport with a tap of an NFC device under plans put forward by public transport operator CIÉ. “Plans published by CIÉ show that it wants to upgrade its IT systems to accommodate new forms of payments, including Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Stripe,” Independent.ie reports. “The semi-state transport company is also eyeing alternative payment systems such as Android Pay, MasterPass and Visa Checkout.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?