Commuters on Dublin Bus and Iarnród Éireann rail services may soon be able to pay for transport with a tap of an NFC device under plans put forward by public transport operator CIÉ. “Plans published by CIÉ show that it wants to upgrade its IT systems to accommodate new forms of payments, including Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Stripe,” Independent.ie reports. “The semi-state transport company is also eyeing alternative payment systems such as Android Pay, MasterPass and Visa Checkout.”
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year