The American Public Transportation Association (APTA) is to work with the NFC Forum to “jointly educate the industry on near field communication (NFC) technologies supporting the needs of public transportation operators”. APTA has 1,500 members from all sectors of the public transportation market including bus, subway and railway operators.
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays
- Google Pay goes live in France
- EU antitrust chief ‘could review’ Apple Pay
- Apple Pay goes live in Germany
- EU citizens report bugs in UK government NFC passport reading app