The American Public Transportation Association (APTA) is to work with the NFC Forum to “jointly educate the industry on near field communication (NFC) technologies supporting the needs of public transportation operators”. APTA has 1,500 members from all sectors of the public transportation market including bus, subway and railway operators.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole