The American Public Transportation Association (APTA) is to work with the NFC Forum to “jointly educate the industry on near field communication (NFC) technologies supporting the needs of public transportation operators”. APTA has 1,500 members from all sectors of the public transportation market including bus, subway and railway operators.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends