The company behind the PowaTag mobile payments platform has gone into administration, the Financial Times reports. Powa Technologies CEO Dan Wagner “sent an email to staff on Friday telling them that Wellington Management, its largest investor, had called in loans that it had made to the company and forced it into administration,” the publication says. The news follows reports late last week that the company had failed to pay its staff and suppliers.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works