The company behind the PowaTag mobile payments platform has gone into administration, the Financial Times reports. Powa Technologies CEO Dan Wagner “sent an email to staff on Friday telling them that Wellington Management, its largest investor, had called in loans that it had made to the company and forced it into administration,” the publication says. The news follows reports late last week that the company had failed to pay its staff and suppliers.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service