Commuters in Singapore can now top up their Nets FlashPay and AutoPass Cards by tapping them against an NFC Android smartphone running the FlashPay Reader app. “With this new top-up feature on the app, foreign motorists can use credit cards issued by Singapore or Malaysian banks to top-up their Autopass Cards on the go,” says electronic payments network Nets.
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions