Chinese internet giant Tencent has made its WeChat Pay platform available to overseas vendors so they can serve Chinese consumers when they travel abroad. “WeChat Pay is an in-app payment feature to allow all WeChat users to pay transactions quickly on their mobile phones,” Tencent says. “WeChat can handle all the ways your users want to pay, whether it is via Quick Pay, QR code, in-app, web-based or native in-app payments.”
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments