A “small handful” of major French banks are now poised to sign deals to bring Apple Pay to France “by the end of the year”, Les Echos reports, following months of negotiations over the share of transaction fees Apple should receive from card issuers. The recent deal between Apple and China UnionPay “is auspicious because it shows that Apple may make concessions,” one observer told the French newspaper.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?