A “small handful” of major French banks are now poised to sign deals to bring Apple Pay to France “by the end of the year”, Les Echos reports, following months of negotiations over the share of transaction fees Apple should receive from card issuers. The recent deal between Apple and China UnionPay “is auspicious because it shows that Apple may make concessions,” one observer told the French newspaper.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service