A “small handful” of major French banks are now poised to sign deals to bring Apple Pay to France “by the end of the year”, Les Echos reports, following months of negotiations over the share of transaction fees Apple should receive from card issuers. The recent deal between Apple and China UnionPay “is auspicious because it shows that Apple may make concessions,” one observer told the French newspaper.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’