Visitors to Liseberg amusement park in Sweden can now get information about its attractions on their smartphones via Bluetooth Low Energy beacons and a mobile app provided by CGI. “The app tells you all about the attractions, including queue times and minimum height requirements,” the amusement park says. “You can find friends, available parking, the nearest bathroom — all the questions you might need answers to during a visit to the park.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole