Samsung Pay now includes support for Wells Fargo credit and debit cards, resulting in the mobile payment service supporting cards from 70 banks and credit unions covering more than 70% of the US credit and debit card market. Samsung Pay announced last week that approximately 5m registered users in the US and South Korea have used the service to make purchases valued at more than US$500m in the first six months since its launch.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities