Samsung Pay now includes support for Wells Fargo credit and debit cards, resulting in the mobile payment service supporting cards from 70 banks and credit unions covering more than 70% of the US credit and debit card market. Samsung Pay announced last week that approximately 5m registered users in the US and South Korea have used the service to make purchases valued at more than US$500m in the first six months since its launch.
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions