Samsung Pay now includes support for Wells Fargo credit and debit cards, resulting in the mobile payment service supporting cards from 70 banks and credit unions covering more than 70% of the US credit and debit card market. Samsung Pay announced last week that approximately 5m registered users in the US and South Korea have used the service to make purchases valued at more than US$500m in the first six months since its launch.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes