Shoppers can now complete online purchases through Visa Checkout by sliding a virtual image of their credit, debit or prepaid card across the screen of their smartphone. “Now, instead of a lightbox, a consumer sees a picture of her card on the Visa Checkout button, swipes it to the right and simply enters her password inside the button itself to authenticate,” Visa says. “The interactive button is now available globally to merchants selling digital goods and services, or items that customers purchase online and pick up in a physical store.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?