Shoppers can now complete online purchases through Visa Checkout by sliding a virtual image of their credit, debit or prepaid card across the screen of their smartphone. “Now, instead of a lightbox, a consumer sees a picture of her card on the Visa Checkout button, swipes it to the right and simply enters her password inside the button itself to authenticate,” Visa says. “The interactive button is now available globally to merchants selling digital goods and services, or items that customers purchase online and pick up in a physical store.”
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies
- Huawei Pay to launch in the US?