Amazon has applied for a patent that would enable consumers to authenticate a transaction by taking a picture of their face. “The user is identified using image information which is processed utilizing facial recognition,” the patent says. “The device verifies that the image information corresponds to a living human using one or more human-verification processes.” MasterCard announced in February that it would be rolling out its ‘selfie pay’ service this summer.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works