Amazon has applied for a patent that would enable consumers to authenticate a transaction by taking a picture of their face. “The user is identified using image information which is processed utilizing facial recognition,” the patent says. “The device verifies that the image information corresponds to a living human using one or more human-verification processes.” MasterCard announced in February that it would be rolling out its ‘selfie pay’ service this summer.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments