Amazon has applied for a patent that would enable consumers to authenticate a transaction by taking a picture of their face. “The user is identified using image information which is processed utilizing facial recognition,” the patent says. “The device verifies that the image information corresponds to a living human using one or more human-verification processes.” MasterCard announced in February that it would be rolling out its ‘selfie pay’ service this summer.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones