Amazon has applied for a patent that would enable consumers to authenticate a transaction by taking a picture of their face. “The user is identified using image information which is processed utilizing facial recognition,” the patent says. “The device verifies that the image information corresponds to a living human using one or more human-verification processes.” MasterCard announced in February that it would be rolling out its ‘selfie pay’ service this summer.
- Bank of America and PayPal partner to enable in-store payments and account linking
- TransferWise links with Apple Pay globally
- Report: Samsung Pay coming to third-party flagships in 2018
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments