More than 300,000 Italians have registered to use P2P payment service Jiffy since it was launched by payment processor SIA in October 2014. “The average value of a single transaction is €44 and around 50% of the transfers are for sums under €25,” SIA says. “23 bank groups, of which four since the beginning of 2016, have subscribed to SIA’s P2P payment service since its launch on the Italian market. Once all the banks are active, the service will therefore be accessible by over 32m Italian current accounts, equal to around 80% of the total.”
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?