More than 300,000 Italians have registered to use P2P payment service Jiffy since it was launched by payment processor SIA in October 2014. “The average value of a single transaction is €44 and around 50% of the transfers are for sums under €25,” SIA says. “23 bank groups, of which four since the beginning of 2016, have subscribed to SIA’s P2P payment service since its launch on the Italian market. Once all the banks are active, the service will therefore be accessible by over 32m Italian current accounts, equal to around 80% of the total.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?