More than 300,000 Italians have registered to use P2P payment service Jiffy since it was launched by payment processor SIA in October 2014. “The average value of a single transaction is €44 and around 50% of the transfers are for sums under €25,” SIA says. “23 bank groups, of which four since the beginning of 2016, have subscribed to SIA’s P2P payment service since its launch on the Italian market. Once all the banks are active, the service will therefore be accessible by over 32m Italian current accounts, equal to around 80% of the total.”
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments