Indian mobile wallet service MobiKwik has added a new feature to its app that lets users search for locations where the service can be used to make in-store payments. “With immediate effect, more than 10,000 MobiKwik partner retail stores would now be visible to the users on the ‘Explore Nearby’ tab,” the company says. “Users can also view existing offers at these outlets and pay via MobiKwik to redeem it.” WHSmith India began accepting MobiKwik in July 2015 and was shortly followed by Big Bazaar.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies