Telecoms provider Indosat Ooredoo is to launch an NFC-based mobile payment service in Indonesia next month, Detik iNet reports. The move will see the company introduce a D Tap contactless payment card that can be linked to an NFC SIM card to enable payments to be made on a mobile device. The service “can be used by any bank clients and users of any telecommunications operator,” the publication says.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform