Telecoms provider Indosat Ooredoo is to launch an NFC-based mobile payment service in Indonesia next month, Detik iNet reports. The move will see the company introduce a D Tap contactless payment card that can be linked to an NFC SIM card to enable payments to be made on a mobile device. The service “can be used by any bank clients and users of any telecommunications operator,” the publication says.
- Apple Pay launches in Norway
- Beijing metro looks to biometrics to speed up payments at turnstiles
- Bankwest wins new customers with NFC payments ring
- Paytm integrates games, TV, sports and news into its mobile wallet app
- Spanish banks to build blockchain customer identity verification platform