Telecoms provider Indosat Ooredoo is to launch an NFC-based mobile payment service in Indonesia next month, Detik iNet reports. The move will see the company introduce a D Tap contactless payment card that can be linked to an NFC SIM card to enable payments to be made on a mobile device. The service “can be used by any bank clients and users of any telecommunications operator,” the publication says.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API