Indian consumers can now make payments to merchants and to friends and family using Chat and Pay, a messaging service built into the main FreeCharge mobile wallet app. “Merchants can now accept payments by registering their bank account number, geolocation and choose a custom identifier — a #paytag to allow customers to identify their service area through their FreeCharge app,” the company says.
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022