Indian consumers can now make payments to merchants and to friends and family using Chat and Pay, a messaging service built into the main FreeCharge mobile wallet app. “Merchants can now accept payments by registering their bank account number, geolocation and choose a custom identifier — a #paytag to allow customers to identify their service area through their FreeCharge app,” the company says.
- Wireless startup uses NFC smart packaging to heat pre-packaged food and drinks
- Hong Kong links QR codes to faster payments to boost mobile wallet adoption
- Japanese bank pilots blockchain mobile payments in bars and restaurants
- Armani launches Wear OS smartwatch with NFC payments
- GlobalPlatform sets out IoT security role for secure elements