Students at Missouri Valley College and Hannibal-LaGrange University can now order and pay for food and drink using their mobile devices. The Lucova Campus solution, provided by Lucova and Fresh Ideas Food Service Management, uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to bring up a profile image at the point of sale that the server can use to check a student’s identity. Southwestern College in Kansas also rolled out the white label solution in November 2015.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale