Students at Missouri Valley College and Hannibal-LaGrange University can now order and pay for food and drink using their mobile devices. The Lucova Campus solution, provided by Lucova and Fresh Ideas Food Service Management, uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to bring up a profile image at the point of sale that the server can use to check a student’s identity. Southwestern College in Kansas also rolled out the white label solution in November 2015.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan