Handset maker Xiaomi has filed a patent in Korea for a mobile payment service called Xiaomi Pay, The Korea Herald reports. “There is speculation that Xiaomi’s upcoming mid-range smartphone Mi5 will feature the NFC mobile payment service,” the publication says. “The patent filing in the Korean market indicates that the Chinese tech firm plans to roll out its smartphone here.” The Mi5 was unveiled during Mobile World Congress and is equipped with NXP’s secure element and NFC solution.
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments
- Facial recognition technology to replace passports at Australian airports
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada