Barclays appears to be in the process of enabling support for Apple Pay in the UK, according to a terms and conditions page tweeted by a number of the bank’s customers. Barclays revealed in January that it would support the mobile payment service within “60 to 75 days”. The bank also confirmed to NFC World that it would not be supporting the launch of Google’s Android Pay in the UK, in favour of focusing on its own host card emulation (HCE) based NFC mobile payments service.
- Walmart expands Scan & Go mobile self-checkout pilot to 100 more stores
- Dunkin’ Donuts offers faster pickups to customers who order via mobile
- Visa CEO plots central role in IoT payments
- Walt Disney World to pilot cashless resort concept
- WeChat opens unmanned store in Shanghai