Barclays appears to be in the process of enabling support for Apple Pay in the UK, according to a terms and conditions page tweeted by a number of the bank’s customers. Barclays revealed in January that it would support the mobile payment service within “60 to 75 days”. The bank also confirmed to NFC World that it would not be supporting the launch of Google’s Android Pay in the UK, in favour of focusing on its own host card emulation (HCE) based NFC mobile payments service.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes