Barclays appears to be in the process of enabling support for Apple Pay in the UK, according to a terms and conditions page tweeted by a number of the bank’s customers. Barclays revealed in January that it would support the mobile payment service within “60 to 75 days”. The bank also confirmed to NFC World that it would not be supporting the launch of Google’s Android Pay in the UK, in favour of focusing on its own host card emulation (HCE) based NFC mobile payments service.
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India
- Decathlon adds RFID tags to make in-store self-checkout easier for customers
- Ysplit makes money from split bill payments