Barclays appears to be in the process of enabling support for Apple Pay in the UK, according to a terms and conditions page tweeted by a number of the bank’s customers. Barclays revealed in January that it would support the mobile payment service within “60 to 75 days”. The bank also confirmed to NFC World that it would not be supporting the launch of Google’s Android Pay in the UK, in favour of focusing on its own host card emulation (HCE) based NFC mobile payments service.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills