Barclays appears to be in the process of enabling support for Apple Pay in the UK, according to a terms and conditions page tweeted by a number of the bank’s customers. Barclays revealed in January that it would support the mobile payment service within “60 to 75 days”. The bank also confirmed to NFC World that it would not be supporting the launch of Google’s Android Pay in the UK, in favour of focusing on its own host card emulation (HCE) based NFC mobile payments service.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain