The global value of NFC mobile and wearable payments is expected to reach US$95bn annually by 2018, up from less than $35bn last year, according to Juniper Research. “Apple’s entry into NFC gave the industry a much needed boost and could well be seen as the tipping point for the technology,” says the firm’s Nitin Bhas.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India