The global value of NFC mobile and wearable payments is expected to reach US$95bn annually by 2018, up from less than $35bn last year, according to Juniper Research. “Apple’s entry into NFC gave the industry a much needed boost and could well be seen as the tipping point for the technology,” says the firm’s Nitin Bhas.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations