The global value of NFC mobile and wearable payments is expected to reach US$95bn annually by 2018, up from less than $35bn last year, according to Juniper Research. “Apple’s entry into NFC gave the industry a much needed boost and could well be seen as the tipping point for the technology,” says the firm’s Nitin Bhas.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole