The number of contactless transactions made in Canada increased 14.71% in the first quarter of 2016 compared to Q1 2015, with the total amount spent rising by 108.84%, research by Moneris reveals. “Comfort on the part of consumers coupled with the payment infrastructure we have built here in Canada sets us up well to take advantage of the new mobile payment options entering the market,” says the company’s Angela Brown.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts