The number of contactless transactions made in Canada increased 14.71% in the first quarter of 2016 compared to Q1 2015, with the total amount spent rising by 108.84%, research by Moneris reveals. “Comfort on the part of consumers coupled with the payment infrastructure we have built here in Canada sets us up well to take advantage of the new mobile payment options entering the market,” says the company’s Angela Brown.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes