The number of contactless transactions made in Canada increased 14.71% in the first quarter of 2016 compared to Q1 2015, with the total amount spent rising by 108.84%, research by Moneris reveals. “Comfort on the part of consumers coupled with the payment infrastructure we have built here in Canada sets us up well to take advantage of the new mobile payment options entering the market,” says the company’s Angela Brown.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works