China’s Baidu has launched its Baidu Wallet mobile payment service in Thailand, enabling Chinese tourists to pay for goods and services there with their mobile phone. “Travelers can use Baidu Wallet to scan the QR codes of the app’s partnered merchants and enter the amount they need to pay,” China Daily reports. The service is also expected to expand to South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency