China’s Baidu has launched its Baidu Wallet mobile payment service in Thailand, enabling Chinese tourists to pay for goods and services there with their mobile phone. “Travelers can use Baidu Wallet to scan the QR codes of the app’s partnered merchants and enter the amount they need to pay,” China Daily reports. The service is also expected to expand to South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay