China’s Baidu has launched its Baidu Wallet mobile payment service in Thailand, enabling Chinese tourists to pay for goods and services there with their mobile phone. “Travelers can use Baidu Wallet to scan the QR codes of the app’s partnered merchants and enter the amount they need to pay,” China Daily reports. The service is also expected to expand to South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info