China’s Baidu has launched its Baidu Wallet mobile payment service in Thailand, enabling Chinese tourists to pay for goods and services there with their mobile phone. “Travelers can use Baidu Wallet to scan the QR codes of the app’s partnered merchants and enter the amount they need to pay,” China Daily reports. The service is also expected to expand to South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India