“Cash is still the most prominent payment method for UK consumers and global demand for coins is as strong as ever,” says The Royal Mint in response to research conducted by UK supermarket chain The Co-Op that predicted mobile payments will account for 65% of its transactions by 2025. “The demise of cash has been predicted for a long time but it remains the currency option the general public turns to for confidence, convenience and security,” the government-owned company adds.
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India