“Cash is still the most prominent payment method for UK consumers and global demand for coins is as strong as ever,” says The Royal Mint in response to research conducted by UK supermarket chain The Co-Op that predicted mobile payments will account for 65% of its transactions by 2025. “The demise of cash has been predicted for a long time but it remains the currency option the general public turns to for confidence, convenience and security,” the government-owned company adds.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?