“Cash is still the most prominent payment method for UK consumers and global demand for coins is as strong as ever,” says The Royal Mint in response to research conducted by UK supermarket chain The Co-Op that predicted mobile payments will account for 65% of its transactions by 2025. “The demise of cash has been predicted for a long time but it remains the currency option the general public turns to for confidence, convenience and security,” the government-owned company adds.
- Bank of America and PayPal partner to enable in-store payments and account linking
- TransferWise links with Apple Pay globally
- Report: Samsung Pay coming to third-party flagships in 2018
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments