Visa has reached a preliminary agreement to amend the transaction details of its Visa Europe acquisition in response to feedback from the European Commission. “Instead of an earn-out, the cash consideration payable in the transaction will be increased by €1.75 billion — €750m payable upon closing and €1bn, plus 4% compound annual interest, payable on the third anniversary of closing,” Visa says.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents