Visa has reached a preliminary agreement to amend the transaction details of its Visa Europe acquisition in response to feedback from the European Commission. “Instead of an earn-out, the cash consideration payable in the transaction will be increased by €1.75 billion — €750m payable upon closing and €1bn, plus 4% compound annual interest, payable on the third anniversary of closing,” Visa says.
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments