Visa has reached a preliminary agreement to amend the transaction details of its Visa Europe acquisition in response to feedback from the European Commission. “Instead of an earn-out, the cash consideration payable in the transaction will be increased by €1.75 billion — €750m payable upon closing and €1bn, plus 4% compound annual interest, payable on the third anniversary of closing,” Visa says.
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies