Apple Pay is now signing up 1m new users per week, Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed during the company’s second quarter earnings call. “Apple Pay is growing at a tremendous rate with more than five times the transaction volume of a year ago and 1m new users per week,” Cook told investors. “More expansion of Apple Pay is coming soon.” The mobile payment service is currently live in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, China and Singapore.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points