Apple Pay is now signing up 1m new users per week, Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed during the company’s second quarter earnings call. “Apple Pay is growing at a tremendous rate with more than five times the transaction volume of a year ago and 1m new users per week,” Cook told investors. “More expansion of Apple Pay is coming soon.” The mobile payment service is currently live in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, China and Singapore.
- Mastercard to make Apple Card technology available to other issuers
- Facebook to roll out GlobalCoin digital currency in ‘a dozen countries’ next year
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries