Apple Pay is now signing up 1m new users per week, Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed during the company’s second quarter earnings call. “Apple Pay is growing at a tremendous rate with more than five times the transaction volume of a year ago and 1m new users per week,” Cook told investors. “More expansion of Apple Pay is coming soon.” The mobile payment service is currently live in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, China and Singapore.
- KBC to pilot multiple wearable payments options
- Deutsche Bank unveils loyalty-first mobile wallet venture
- Chase to issue contactless cards to “millions” of US credit and debit cardholders
- Network West Midlands integrates its transit card with Google Pay
- Android patches add NFC support for Google’s Titan security keys