MasterCard has unveiled M/Chip Fast, a technology advancement designed to help speed up EMV transactions at the checkout. “A shopper inserts his or her card into an M/Chip Fast-enabled terminal,” the company explains. “M/Chip Fast provides counterfeit fraud protection by creating a unique code for each transaction. Once the code is generated, the card can be removed from the reader.” The announcement follows the unveiling of Visa’s Quick Chip for EMV service.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes