MasterCard has unveiled M/Chip Fast, a technology advancement designed to help speed up EMV transactions at the checkout. “A shopper inserts his or her card into an M/Chip Fast-enabled terminal,” the company explains. “M/Chip Fast provides counterfeit fraud protection by creating a unique code for each transaction. Once the code is generated, the card can be removed from the reader.” The announcement follows the unveiling of Visa’s Quick Chip for EMV service.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts