MasterCard has unveiled M/Chip Fast, a technology advancement designed to help speed up EMV transactions at the checkout. “A shopper inserts his or her card into an M/Chip Fast-enabled terminal,” the company explains. “M/Chip Fast provides counterfeit fraud protection by creating a unique code for each transaction. Once the code is generated, the card can be removed from the reader.” The announcement follows the unveiling of Visa’s Quick Chip for EMV service.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones