Customers of Deutsche Bank will be able to make NFC mobile payments using the version of its mobile banking app that will become available for Android in the third quarter of this year. “Contactless payment at the point of sale based on NFC is scheduled to become available when the Android version of the app is released,” the bank says. Deutsche Bank ran a trial in December 2015 of technology that verified the identity of their customers by the way they handle and hold their mobile device.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works