Customers of Deutsche Bank will be able to make NFC mobile payments using the version of its mobile banking app that will become available for Android in the third quarter of this year. “Contactless payment at the point of sale based on NFC is scheduled to become available when the Android version of the app is released,” the bank says. Deutsche Bank ran a trial in December 2015 of technology that verified the identity of their customers by the way they handle and hold their mobile device.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service