Customers of Deutsche Bank will be able to make NFC mobile payments using the version of its mobile banking app that will become available for Android in the third quarter of this year. “Contactless payment at the point of sale based on NFC is scheduled to become available when the Android version of the app is released,” the bank says. Deutsche Bank ran a trial in December 2015 of technology that verified the identity of their customers by the way they handle and hold their mobile device.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain