Customers of Deutsche Bank will be able to make NFC mobile payments using the version of its mobile banking app that will become available for Android in the third quarter of this year. “Contactless payment at the point of sale based on NFC is scheduled to become available when the Android version of the app is released,” the bank says. Deutsche Bank ran a trial in December 2015 of technology that verified the identity of their customers by the way they handle and hold their mobile device.
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands
- European Central Bank switches on low cost instant payments system