Apple Pay will be expanding to Visa and MasterCard in Canada by May 10, “barring any unforeseen circumstances,” iPhone in Canada reports. “As for Canadian bank support, we’re told at least two of the Big 5 banks will support Apple Pay,” the publication adds. Apple Pay went live in Canada for American Express cardholders in November 2015.
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit