Apple has added more than 20 further banks and credit unions to its list of Apple Pay supporting financial institutions in the US, 9to5mac reports. The news follows German payments technology provider Wirecard’s Boon service integrating with Apple Pay in the UK.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments