Mobile network operator Telefonica is to launch a mobile banking service in Germany this summer using technology supplied by Fidor Bank. Customers who sign up for an account will receive an O2 MasterCard for cash withdrawals and shopping, and a mobile app that will allow P2P transfers. “This cooperation is the first disruptive alliance in Germany between a telecommunications company and an innovative digital bank,” says Fidor Bank CEO Matthias Kröner.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay