Mobile network operator Telefonica is to launch a mobile banking service in Germany this summer using technology supplied by Fidor Bank. Customers who sign up for an account will receive an O2 MasterCard for cash withdrawals and shopping, and a mobile app that will allow P2P transfers. “This cooperation is the first disruptive alliance in Germany between a telecommunications company and an innovative digital bank,” says Fidor Bank CEO Matthias Kröner.
- EMVCo releases QR Payment Mark
- Bank of America adds AI assistant to mobile banking app
- US Bank to test connected fleet car payments
- PayPal to acquire iZettle for in-store payments push
- Amazon uses QR codes to let Prime members access discounts in Whole Foods Market stores