Starbucks is to launch its mobile payment and loyalty app in India this year. “The platform will allow you to make payments from your phone and allow you to participate in the My Starbucks Rewards programme through your phone,” the coffee chain’s Sumitro Ghosh told Business Standard. Mobile payments now account for nearly one in four transactions made across the company’s US locations.
- L’Oréal launches wearable sensor that uses NFC to alert iPhone users to the risk of sun damage to their skin
- Swiss banks face mobile payments boycott investigation
- Walmart equips staff in 3,000+ stores with mobile POS devices
- KBC to pilot multiple wearable payments options
- Deutsche Bank unveils loyalty-first mobile wallet venture