Starbucks is to launch its mobile payment and loyalty app in India this year. “The platform will allow you to make payments from your phone and allow you to participate in the My Starbucks Rewards programme through your phone,” the coffee chain’s Sumitro Ghosh told Business Standard. Mobile payments now account for nearly one in four transactions made across the company’s US locations.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points