Starbucks is to launch its mobile payment and loyalty app in India this year. “The platform will allow you to make payments from your phone and allow you to participate in the My Starbucks Rewards programme through your phone,” the coffee chain’s Sumitro Ghosh told Business Standard. Mobile payments now account for nearly one in four transactions made across the company’s US locations.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’