Starbucks is to launch its mobile payment and loyalty app in India this year. “The platform will allow you to make payments from your phone and allow you to participate in the My Starbucks Rewards programme through your phone,” the coffee chain’s Sumitro Ghosh told Business Standard. Mobile payments now account for nearly one in four transactions made across the company’s US locations.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions