Starbucks is to launch its mobile payment and loyalty app in India this year. “The platform will allow you to make payments from your phone and allow you to participate in the My Starbucks Rewards programme through your phone,” the coffee chain’s Sumitro Ghosh told Business Standard. Mobile payments now account for nearly one in four transactions made across the company’s US locations.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents