US bank Wells Fargo is expected to launch an NFC-based mobile payment service this week, according to the Los Angeles Times. “With mobile wallets such as the one Wells Fargo plans, consumers enter their credit card information in their phones before shopping with merchants who use NFC technology,” the publication reports. “The consumer holds the phone over a payment terminal and taps a button on the phone or enters a PIN.”
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases