UK bank Barclays is to become the first to launch Pay by Bank, the mobile payment app developed by payments infrastructure operator VocaLink’s mobile payment startup Zapp. The service will be made available to customers from autumn 2016, with Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland also planning to support the service “soon”. The service was expected to launch last year, but was later delayed.
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies