UK bank Barclays is to become the first to launch Pay by Bank, the mobile payment app developed by payments infrastructure operator VocaLink’s mobile payment startup Zapp. The service will be made available to customers from autumn 2016, with Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland also planning to support the service “soon”. The service was expected to launch last year, but was later delayed.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends