Swiss luxury watchmaker Swatch has partnered with Oberthur Technologies (OT) to provide NFC payments to customers in Switzerland through its Swatch Bellamy watch range. “OT’s FlyBuy SE (secure element) is fully integrated within Swatch Bellamy watches and provides a high level of security while enabling seamless payments and transactions,” says OT. Swatch Bellamy is expected to launch in Switzerland this month.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service