Swiss luxury watchmaker Swatch has partnered with Oberthur Technologies (OT) to provide NFC payments to customers in Switzerland through its Swatch Bellamy watch range. “OT’s FlyBuy SE (secure element) is fully integrated within Swatch Bellamy watches and provides a high level of security while enabling seamless payments and transactions,” says OT. Swatch Bellamy is expected to launch in Switzerland this month.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa