US supermarket giant Walmart is rolling out its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service to Alabama and Georgia following its launch in Arkansas and Texas last month. The roll out will take Walmart Pay to an additional 120 stores in Alabama and 180 stores in Georgia. Walmart unveiled the mobile payment service in December 2015 and it went live for iPhone users in April 2016.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?