US supermarket giant Walmart is rolling out its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service to Alabama and Georgia following its launch in Arkansas and Texas last month. The roll out will take Walmart Pay to an additional 120 stores in Alabama and 180 stores in Georgia. Walmart unveiled the mobile payment service in December 2015 and it went live for iPhone users in April 2016.
- PayByPhone integrates with Alexa to let drivers pay by voice from their cars
- Queensland to roll out state-wide open loop ticketing for trains, buses and ferries
- China’s national transit card system to cover 260 cities this year
- Xiaomi unveils low cost fitness tracker that supports NFC and QR payments
- Airlines commit to RFID baggage tags and single biometric ID for travellers