US supermarket giant Walmart is rolling out its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service to Alabama and Georgia following its launch in Arkansas and Texas last month. The roll out will take Walmart Pay to an additional 120 stores in Alabama and 180 stores in Georgia. Walmart unveiled the mobile payment service in December 2015 and it went live for iPhone users in April 2016.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain