US supermarket giant Walmart is rolling out its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service to Alabama and Georgia following its launch in Arkansas and Texas last month. The roll out will take Walmart Pay to an additional 120 stores in Alabama and 180 stores in Georgia. Walmart unveiled the mobile payment service in December 2015 and it went live for iPhone users in April 2016.
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies