Mobile payment transaction volume will grow by 42% to reach 26.9m in 2016, up from 18.9m in 2015, research from Future Market Insights predicts. “In terms of value, this will represent nearly US$768.78bn, up from $549.91bn in 2015,” the firm says. “Payments made through NFC, widely touted as the technology of the future, will witness the highest year-over-year growth rate, increasing at over 59% in 2016.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?