Mobile payment transaction volume will grow by 42% to reach 26.9m in 2016, up from 18.9m in 2015, research from Future Market Insights predicts. “In terms of value, this will represent nearly US$768.78bn, up from $549.91bn in 2015,” the firm says. “Payments made through NFC, widely touted as the technology of the future, will witness the highest year-over-year growth rate, increasing at over 59% in 2016.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works