Discover has unveiled Discover Quick Chip, a new option for merchants to streamline the checkout process when customers pay with cards. “Discover Quick Chip will reduce the time a chip card needs to remain in the point of sale terminal, making the checkout process more convenient for merchants and cardholders,” the card network says. American Express also unveiled a similar offering earlier this month. Visa originally unveiled a feature designed to streamline EMV transactions in April 2016, closely followed by MasterCard.
- Hyundai to let drivers unlock cars with their fingerprint
- UN agency to pilot biometric cards for migrants
- German savings banks press Apple to open up its NFC chip
- IMF report finds digital currencies are gaining ground with central bankers
- Alipay offers POS terminals that combine face recognition with QR payments