Discover has unveiled Discover Quick Chip, a new option for merchants to streamline the checkout process when customers pay with cards. “Discover Quick Chip will reduce the time a chip card needs to remain in the point of sale terminal, making the checkout process more convenient for merchants and cardholders,” the card network says. American Express also unveiled a similar offering earlier this month. Visa originally unveiled a feature designed to streamline EMV transactions in April 2016, closely followed by MasterCard.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan