Discover has unveiled Discover Quick Chip, a new option for merchants to streamline the checkout process when customers pay with cards. “Discover Quick Chip will reduce the time a chip card needs to remain in the point of sale terminal, making the checkout process more convenient for merchants and cardholders,” the card network says. American Express also unveiled a similar offering earlier this month. Visa originally unveiled a feature designed to streamline EMV transactions in April 2016, closely followed by MasterCard.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole