Discover has unveiled Discover Quick Chip, a new option for merchants to streamline the checkout process when customers pay with cards. “Discover Quick Chip will reduce the time a chip card needs to remain in the point of sale terminal, making the checkout process more convenient for merchants and cardholders,” the card network says. American Express also unveiled a similar offering earlier this month. Visa originally unveiled a feature designed to streamline EMV transactions in April 2016, closely followed by MasterCard.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’