US supermarket chain Kroger has filed a lawsuit against Visa for allowing customers to verify EMV purchases with a signature instead of a PIN. “Kroger said the dispute began after it was informed by Visa that the configuration of its new terminals didn’t comply with Visa’s rules,” The Wall Street Journal reports. “Visa’s rules require merchants to allow customers to choose between a PIN and a signature verification.” Walmart also sued the payment network for its EMV signature authentication option in May 2016.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service