US supermarket chain Kroger has filed a lawsuit against Visa for allowing customers to verify EMV purchases with a signature instead of a PIN. “Kroger said the dispute began after it was informed by Visa that the configuration of its new terminals didn’t comply with Visa’s rules,” The Wall Street Journal reports. “Visa’s rules require merchants to allow customers to choose between a PIN and a signature verification.” Walmart also sued the payment network for its EMV signature authentication option in May 2016.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay