Canadian credit unions Affinity and Conexus in Saskatchewan, First West in British Columbia and Meridian in Ontario have become the first to launch Mobile Pay, the host card emulation (HCE) mobile payment service developed by trade body the Canadian Credit Union Association. The four credit unions revealed that they would be the first to launch the service — which makes use of a tokenization platform by Interac — in February 2016.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan