US retailers are offering discounts on in-app purchases made through Apple Pay until September as part of a recently launched iOS App Store promotion. “Hotel Tonight is offering a US$25 coupon for new customer bookings paid for with Apple Pay, while GrubHub is taking $10 off first-time orders,” AppleInsider reports. “Other notables include Ticketmaster, which is knocking 25% off ticket four-packs to select events, a $10 voucher for future purchases from Under Armour‘s UA Shop.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole