Payment processor Worldline is adding support for Alipay mobile payments in Germany. “The partnership allows Chinese tourists on trips to Germany to pay conveniently with their Alipay app at authorised retailers,” Worldline says. “The current pilot phases will be completed in July of this year and after that it will go live. The next step will extend the service to other countries.” Alipay partnered with payment provider Concardis to launch the service in Germany last month, marking its European debut after the company unveiled its expansion plans at Money20/20 Europe in April 2016.
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India