Payment processor Worldline is adding support for Alipay mobile payments in Germany. “The partnership allows Chinese tourists on trips to Germany to pay conveniently with their Alipay app at authorised retailers,” Worldline says. “The current pilot phases will be completed in July of this year and after that it will go live. The next step will extend the service to other countries.” Alipay partnered with payment provider Concardis to launch the service in Germany last month, marking its European debut after the company unveiled its expansion plans at Money20/20 Europe in April 2016.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes