A Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company has partnered with printed electronics specialist Thinfilm to create an NFC OpenSense platform for medical devices. “The partners will leverage Thinfilm’s proprietary NFC technology as a means to improve patient adherence and enhance communication between patients and their caregivers,” Thinfilm says.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points