A Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company has partnered with printed electronics specialist Thinfilm to create an NFC OpenSense platform for medical devices. “The partners will leverage Thinfilm’s proprietary NFC technology as a means to improve patient adherence and enhance communication between patients and their caregivers,” Thinfilm says.
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands