EMVCo and the Fido Alliance have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to review how Fido authentication standards can support EMV payment use cases. “A key aim of the initiative is to investigate providing simpler and stronger authentication for cardholders making mobile payments using on-device authenticators such as biometrics,” EMVCo says. “Initial activities will explore how Fido’s authentication protocol can be used to support EMVCo’s cardholder verification technology.”
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?
- National QR mobile payments service to go live in Indonesia
- 7-Eleven brings mobile self-checkout to New York stores