EMVCo and the Fido Alliance have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to review how Fido authentication standards can support EMV payment use cases. “A key aim of the initiative is to investigate providing simpler and stronger authentication for cardholders making mobile payments using on-device authenticators such as biometrics,” EMVCo says. “Initial activities will explore how Fido’s authentication protocol can be used to support EMVCo’s cardholder verification technology.”
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies
- Huawei Pay to launch in the US?
- US iPhone users ‘unlikely’ to use Face ID for payments
- Apple Pay Cash to go live in iOS update ‘this fall’
- HSBC uses face recognition to authenticate payments in China