UK-based mobile payment and rewards platform Droplet is to be discontinued. “We never got to the scale to make Droplet viable as a profit-making business,” CEO Steffan Aquarone says. “We will now be seeking a buyer for the technology, support materials and know-how we’ve built.” British brewer Adnams launched Droplet in 12 stores and 50 pubs in April 2015. More than 100 retailers in Norwich teamed up with the company for a mobile payment loyalty scheme in September.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent