UK-based mobile payment and rewards platform Droplet is to be discontinued. “We never got to the scale to make Droplet viable as a profit-making business,” CEO Steffan Aquarone says. “We will now be seeking a buyer for the technology, support materials and know-how we’ve built.” British brewer Adnams launched Droplet in 12 stores and 50 pubs in April 2015. More than 100 retailers in Norwich teamed up with the company for a mobile payment loyalty scheme in September.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain