UK-based mobile payment and rewards platform Droplet is to be discontinued. “We never got to the scale to make Droplet viable as a profit-making business,” CEO Steffan Aquarone says. “We will now be seeking a buyer for the technology, support materials and know-how we’ve built.” British brewer Adnams launched Droplet in 12 stores and 50 pubs in April 2015. More than 100 retailers in Norwich teamed up with the company for a mobile payment loyalty scheme in September.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India